Sunday 15 February 2015

Rough animation test

Hello.

Since we last posted on here, there have been all sorts of distractions, business-based and otherwise, and so development has slowed down considerably. However, we've nearly completed a rough storyboard, and I've started animating a bit of it.

It helps me to do little animation tests as early as possible, as it gives me an idea of where I can tweak the designs of the characters to simplify animation. Wherever there's something about a character that makes it a pain to animate, I simplify it as I'm roughing out the animation, and the character I end up with at the end of the project is usually much more streamlined than anything I could have come up with on paper.

It's visible here, I think - the King, at the end of the animated gif, has a noticeably more consistent shape and sense of volume.
W


No comments:

Post a Comment